Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 200g Frozen Spinach
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 125g Ricotta
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves chopped finely
- 4 sheets of Filo pastry cut in half
- Melted butter (to brush the pastry)
- pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 180C Gas mark 4
- Defrost the spinach in a pan of boiling water and drain once it’s defrosted
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until lightly brown.
- Add the cumin to the pan and take off the heat.
- Add the ricotta, spinach, mint and salt & pepper to the onion mix in the pan and stir until mixed together
- Brush half a sheet of filo pastry and fold over to make 2 layers
- Brush the top layer with butter and add a small amount of the spinach and ricotta mix in the corner of the pastry and fold over to make a triangle
- Keep rolling the pastry over until you have a pastry triangle
- Repeat this until you’ve made all 8 and brush with a little more butter and place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve as a starter with salad and sour cream with mint dip