This eggless coconut cake is delicious and moist and the tart raspberry jam compliments the cake perfectly.
Cooking time: approx 20-25 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
For the Cake:
- 140g Self raising flour
- 85g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 140ml Coconut Milk
- 70ml Corn oil
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 4 tbsp desicated coconut
For the Jam:
- 100g Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- Pre heat your oven to 180C Gas mark 4
- Line the base of an 8 inch square cake tin with baking paper
- Sift the flour and sugar in to a bowl and make a well in the centre
- Mix the baking powder with a teaspoon of the coconut milk and pour in to the well
- Add the rest of the coconut milk along with the oil and golden syrup and beat together to make a batter
- Pour the mixture in to the cake tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes (until it bounces back when touched or when a skewer is inserted it comes out clean)
- Meanwhile, to make the jam, heat the raspberries in a small pan with a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of sugar and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the Jam looks like syrup. You can make this whilst the cake is in the oven.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool
- Once the jam has cooled sieve to remove the raspberry seeds and then spread on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the coconut on to of the jam and serve